This Leeds cocktail bar takes its prohibition theme very seriously, with mobile phone calls forbidden within its walls. Perhaps the perfect place to go for a bit of quiet contemplation?
The bar’s website says: “Welcome to Death & Taxes. We set out to create something truly unique for Leeds. A term coined from 1789 inspired us to open a small members bar where membership would be free for those who know exactly what they like to drink and how they like to drink.”
Membership isn’t necessary to enter the venue, but it’s free to become a member, so why not?
There are 10 simple rules to consider when entering the bar, which are:
1. Membership isn’t required to enter
2. Identification may be required
3. Members’ reservations are prioritised
4. Membership rules apply at all times
5. No mobile phone calls
6. Anyone can become a member
7. Dress code may apply
8. Membership is decided after initial visit
9. No standing room
10. Be respectful of others’ privacy
You can also eat at Epicurus: Death & Taxes, so bring your appetite because the food menu is pretty swish.